SCARR Work Weekend - Saturday, April 2nd

More
8 years 3 months ago #169 by Roverette
SCARR Work Weekend is scheduled for Saturday, April 2nd. We need to trim Greenlane (our sponsored trail) and a few others to be used as beginner trails. Camp Mabey will also need to be cleaned up.

The plan is for volunteers to meet at Camp Mabey on Saturday morning at 9:30 am. Please make sure to record the hours you work at the front office. We will need weed eaters, trimmers and a couple of chain saws. Also a gas blower or two would come in handy.

Camp Mabey needs a general clean up and the fire pit needs to be dug out again. The camp table needs to be cemented into the ground.

Feel free to come out for the weekend to camp and wheel after the campsite and trails are clean or, just for the day. The more volunteers we have the more fun we can have in the afternoon to wheel or chill by the campfire.
Please post if you are planning to come out to help. I would really like to see a lot more members rather than the same folks who help out every year without fail.

Laura Shacklette
DFW Events Coordinator
SCARR 2022 Events Coordinator

2009 LR 3 - "Cool Runnings" _ Peace be the journey

"Enjoy Life and Life will be Good"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darrell2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #170 by DAJO
Was this a copy paste from the last clean up post or has some one dug up the table again?

04 DII- with some off road stuff
☝️Got sick and pass away
Bowler tomcat -with more off road stuff
☝️sold to a cop

More
8 years 3 months ago #173 by Roverette

DAJO wrote: Was this a copy paste from the last clean up post or has some one dug up the table again?

The answer is yes to both of your questions. The table had been dug out again after SCARR.

We are thinking the answer is a wooden picnic table or a metal one like at the parks have and concrete it.

Want to sponsor the table Dana?

Laura

Laura Shacklette
DFW Events Coordinator
SCARR 2022 Events Coordinator

2009 LR 3 - "Cool Runnings" _ Peace be the journey

"Enjoy Life and Life will be Good"

• JPRover
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #182 by JPRover
Replied by JPRover on topic SCARR Work Weekend - Saturday, April 2nd
I think that it is safe to say that cementing that little table in the ground is pointless. No one has taken it and it will just be ripped out of the ground again. I think we should just knock the cement off the feet so it will be somewhat level and leave it at that. Also, I like your idea about getting a nice wooden picnic table. I think you can get one for around $100 at Lowes??

If we are really that worried about the table to staying around....we should create an anchor point and not just cement the legs. Dig a really deep/wide hole.....fill with concrete with metal loop sticking out....chain table to that point and cover the anchor.

Or put all that money towards a bigger/heavier table.

More
8 years 3 months ago #187 by DonMitsu
We should be able to come

2011 LR4 (sold)

2020 Defender 110 HSE

More
8 years 3 months ago #190 by DAJO
I think Jordyn is right. I don't think it will be stolen. Hell all the rakes and fire pit tools are still there. Let's knock the concrete off the legs and move on with life. And yes I think a picnic table is a great idea and storage equipment co will gladly donate the material for 2 tables

04 DII- with some off road stuff
☝️Got sick and pass away
Bowler tomcat -with more off road stuff
☝️sold to a cop

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.